32 burial guests kidnapped in Ondo

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted 32 persons around the Ifon area in Ose local government area of Ondo State.

The victims were said to be returning from a burial ceremony in Edo State. It was learnt that the abduction took place on Saturday. It is yet to be confirmed if the kidnappers have made contact with the victims’ families.

Ondo Police spokesman, SP Fumilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the abduction, said operatives of the police and the Army had begun combing the forest to rescue the victims.

The State Commander of Amotekun Corps, Chief Adetunji Adeleye, said his men were combing the Benin-Ifon to Owo forest in search of the victims.

Adeleye said his men would take all necessary measures to rescue the victims. Recall that it was along the Akure-Ifon-Benin axis that Oba Israel Adeusi was shot dead by suspected kidnappers.

He explained that men of the Amotekun Corps and other security agencies had been briefed and had since commenced a search for the victims.

Related news

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.