Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Terrorists ‘release’ four kidnapped victims after 119 days in captivity

The abductors of Abuja-Kaduna-bound train kidnapped victims have released four persons from the remaining 43 in their custody.

The passengers, who were among dozens of persons kidnapped on March 28, were released from captivity yesterday.

Tukur Mamu (aide to the Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi,) who has been involved in negotiations for the release of the captives, confirmed the development. This came hours after a video of the captives being flogged surfaced online.

Recall that the terrorists had on Sunday, flogged the 43 victims, and threatened to kidnap President Muhammad Buhari and Kaduna Governor Nasir Ahmed el-Rufa’i.

Mamu, who did not give details of how the victims were released yesterday, gave the names of the four persons as Gladys Brumen, Oluwatoyin Ojo, Hassan Lawan, and Ayodeji Oyewumi. According to him, they were released around 11 am, adding that their relatives picked them up along the Kaduna-Abuja expressway.

With the release of the four persons, more than 30 persons are said to still be in captivity. So far, more than 20 persons have been freed, with some of them said to have paid millions of naira as ransom.

Meanwhile, the coordinator of the group of relatives of the abducted passengers, AbdulFatai Jimoh, did not respond to telephone calls when contacted. Also, the Kaduna Police Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Mohammed Jalige, did not pick up his calls when contacted for comment.

Related news

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.