Maiduguri Estate Attack: Zulum asks military to wake up as he visits scene

To set up C’ttee on damages

Borno Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum, has visited the 1,000 units housing estate in Maiduguri, which was hit yesterday morning by a rocket launcher believed to have been fired by Boko Haram/ISWAP terror groups.

He also said he was setting up what he called ‘a small committee’ to assess damages inflicted and advise the government on measures to avert future occurrence on the scene and other parts of the city.

Zulum, who had been praising the military in the last one year, expressed his unhappiness with the attack as well as the recent abductions. He described the Saturday attack as worrisome and called on the military to wake up from some instances of laxity.

“It is very sad and unfortunate that this kind of attack and others are happening at this time. It seems the insurgents came very close to Maiduguri. Our military has to wake up and ensure adequate surveillance. This is something we should be able to avert. For the insurgents to have come so close to fire rockets, I think there is something wrong that we have to check.

The explosives had hit a house at the estate, causing serious commotion around Ngomari Airport, Njimtilo and Shuwari village which are near the estate. No life was lost, the governor was told.

Zulum commiserated with all those affected and assured that government will take measures to hopefully avert any future occurrence.

Related news

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.